By Barbara Tint
Diasporas in Dialogue is an fundamental advisor for these best or partaking in discussion procedures, specially in ethnically different groups. The textual content bargains either a theoretical and useful framework for discussion, supplying perception into the desires, resources and demanding situations of operating during this capacity.
- The first publication to supply based tactics for discussion with refugee groups - demonstrates how diaspora groups should be engaged in discussion that heals, reconciles and builds peace
- Relates the tale of the Portland Diaspora discussion venture, a striking collaboration among college researchers and African group activists devoted to aiding newly arrived refugees
- Written accessibly to supply practitioners, lecturers, and group participants with an easy and cogent account of the way, step-by-step, the method of therapeutic groups and re-building can begin
released at a severe time within the face of the global refugee predicament, and provides precious frameworks and functional instruments for discussion in occasions the place contributors and groups are displaced
Read or Download Diasporas in Dialogue: Conflict Transformation and Reconciliation in Worldwide Refugee Communities PDF
Best war & peace books
Williams explores the effectiveness of varied varieties of responses and methods to be had to states whilst confronted with calls for for territorial revisions. She examines the occasions surrounding the 19th-century unification of Germany, the breakup of Yugoslavia and the strife in Bosnia and Kosovo, and the continuing fight over the destiny of Kashmir.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2006 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Krieg und Frieden, Militär, be aware: 2,3, Universität Potsdam (Wirtschafts-und Sozialwissenschaftliches Institut), Veranstaltung: HS Militär und Oekonomie, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In nahezu allen westlichen Ländern wurden nach dem Ende des Ost-West-Konflikts die Streitkräfte reduziert, so auch in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland.
Supplying a vast evaluation of what's being performed in conflict-affected nations to develop women’s participation in peace procedures, peace construction, and selection making, this checklist examines the implementation of UN safety Council answer 1325 on “Women, Peace, and safety” and offers evidence-based case reports from East Timor, Fiji, and Sri Lanka.
Mainstreaming Pacifism. clash, good fortune, and ethics takes at the problem of answering the common objection that pacifism is useless. The ebook proposes a category of eleven useful skill to an finish (fraud, violence, strength, achieve, legality, plenty, ideology, discussion, humanity, time, vulnerability), and exhibits how such capability were at paintings either within the pages of classical political authors (Machiavelli, Montesquieu, Marx and Gandhi) and all through heritage.
- Warlord Democrats in Africa: Ex-Military Leaders and Electoral Politics (Africa Now)
- Liberal Peace: Selected Essays
- Political Culture and the Making of Modern Nation-States
- New Approaches to Human Security in the Asia-Pacific: China, Japan and Australia (Rethinking Asia and International Relations)
- Daisaku Ikeda and Dialogue for Peace
Extra info for Diasporas in Dialogue: Conflict Transformation and Reconciliation in Worldwide Refugee Communities
Diasporas in Dialogue: Conflict Transformation and Reconciliation in Worldwide Refugee Communities by Barbara Tint