By David Wills
A beautiful photographic compilation showcasing Audrey Hepburn’s iconic occupation within the 1950s—the decade that solidified her position as one of many world’s maximum stars in movie and fashion.
Devoted to her so much influential decade, Audrey: The 50s brings jointly in a single quantity the attract and style that made Audrey Hepburn the main iconic determine in glossy type heritage. Photographed through the early days of her profession, either at the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, and different vintage motion pictures, and in model photograph shoots by means of most sensible photographers who loved and immortalized her, those attractive black-and-white and colour photos radiate with Audrey’s waifish appeal, airy good looks, and easy style.
Renowned writer, curator and photographic preservationist David Wills has conscientiously chosen this choice of 200 museum-quality images that seize Audrey in her major as by no means prior to. Audrey: The 50s screens this superstar at her brightest, and brings her legacy into excellent focus.
Among the highlights:
- Rare and vintage pictures digitally restored from classic photographic prints, unique studio negatives and transparencies.
- Never-before-seen exposure images, scene stills and paintings pictures from the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, Love within the Afternoon, and The Nun’s Story.
- Previously unpublished "posed candids" of Audrey at home.
- Beautifully restored ads, fan journal layouts, overseas movie posters and foyer cards.
- Quotes from photographers, administrators, and costars, together with William Holden, Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Billy Wilder, King Vidor, William Wyler, Edith Head, Hubert de Givenchy, Richard Avedon, Cecil Beaton, and Audrey herself.
Read or Download Audrey: The 50s PDF
Similar biographies of actors & actresses books
Fess Parker grew up in Texas, served in international conflict II, and later turned TV's exceedingly renowned "Davy Crockett" and "Daniel Boone. " After his movie and television profession, Parker turned a winning businessman, resort builder, and vintner. William R. Chemerka's approved biography is a deferential tribute to an grand guy that includes considerate memories from Parker's kin, pals, co-stars, and enthusiasts, and features a variety of never-before-published pictures.
In her day, Eva Tanguay (1879-1947) was once the most recognized ladies in the US. well known because the "I do not Care Girl"-named after a tune she popularized and her self reliant, even brazen persona-Tanguay verified herself as a vaudeville and musical comedy celebrity in 1904 with the recent York urban most suitable of the convey My Lady-and by no means regarded again.
Buster Keaton advised an interviewer in 1965, “When I’m operating on my own, the cameraman, the prop guy, the electrician, those are my eyes available in the market. .. . They knew what they have been conversing approximately. ” Drawn from movie alternate magazines, newspapers, interviews and public files, this e-book tells the formerly unpublished tales of the behind-the-scenes group who labored on Keaton’s silent films—like Elgin Lessley, who went from division shop clerk to leader cameraman, and Fred Gabourie, who served as a military inner most within the Spanish American struggle prior to he turned Keaton’s technical director.
The fellow at the back of the work: the extreme lifetime of J. M. W Turner, considered one of Britain's so much trendy, misunderstood and celebrated artistsJ. M. W. Turner is Britain's most renowned panorama painter. but past his creative achievements, little is understood of the guy himself and the occasions of his lifestyles: the tragic committal of his mom to a lunatic asylum, the private sacrifices he made to influence his stratospheric upward push, and the weird double lifestyles he selected to steer within the final years of his existence.
- "Memoirs of a Circus Clown": The Reality of the Dream
- Eve Arden: A Chronicle of All Film, Television, Radio and Stage Performances
- On Training and Performance: Traces of an Odin Teatret Actress
- Glamour in a Golden Age: Movie Stars of the 1930s (Star Decades: American Culture/American Cinema)
- Inspired!: True Stories Behind Famous Art, Literature, Music, and Film
- George Clooney: An Actor Looking for a Role
Extra info for Audrey: The 50s
Audrey: The 50s by David Wills