By Nir Eisikovits
Read or Download A Theory of Truces (Palgrave Studies in Ethics and Public Policy) PDF
Best war & peace books
Williams explores the effectiveness of varied sorts of responses and methods to be had to states while confronted with calls for for territorial revisions. She examines the occasions surrounding the 19th-century unification of Germany, the breakup of Yugoslavia and the strife in Bosnia and Kosovo, and the continuing fight over the destiny of Kashmir.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2006 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Krieg und Frieden, Militär, be aware: 2,3, Universität Potsdam (Wirtschafts-und Sozialwissenschaftliches Institut), Veranstaltung: HS Militär und Oekonomie, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In nahezu allen westlichen Ländern wurden nach dem Ende des Ost-West-Konflikts die Streitkräfte reduziert, so auch in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland.
Providing a wide evaluate of what's being performed in conflict-affected international locations to develop women’s participation in peace tactics, peace development, and selection making, this list examines the implementation of UN safeguard Council answer 1325 on “Women, Peace, and protection” and provides evidence-based case stories from East Timor, Fiji, and Sri Lanka.
Mainstreaming Pacifism. clash, luck, and ethics takes at the problem of answering the common objection that pacifism is useless. The e-book proposes a category of eleven useful capacity to an finish (fraud, violence, strength, achieve, legality, plenty, ideology, discussion, humanity, time, vulnerability), and indicates how such capacity were at paintings either within the pages of classical political authors (Machiavelli, Montesquieu, Marx and Gandhi) and all through heritage.
- Imperial Affects: Sensational Melodrama and the Attractions of American Cinema (War Culture)
- Civil-Military Relations in Lebanon: Conflict, Cohesion and Confessionalism in a Divided Society
- The Uncertain Transition from Stability to Peace (CSIS Reports)
- Das Verhalten von Soldaten in nationalsozialistischen Organisationen während des Polenfeldzuges 1939-1941. Ein systemtheoretischer Vergleich (German Edition)
- Challenge and Change: Global Threats and the State in Twenty-first Century International Politics
- Ex-Combatants and the Post-Conflict State: Challenges of Reintegration (Rethinking Political Violence)
Additional resources for A Theory of Truces (Palgrave Studies in Ethics and Public Policy)
A Theory of Truces (Palgrave Studies in Ethics and Public Policy) by Nir Eisikovits